CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

For more information

To read more about the beginning of our journey go to the first post.

Monday, February 2, 2009

Day 2: Love is Kind

Be kind to one another, tender-heared, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you. - Ephesians 4:32.

This part really stood out to me: "It is difficult to demonstrate love when you feel little to no motivation. But love in its truest sense is not based on feelings. Rather, love determines to show thoughtful actions even when there seems to be no reward. You will never learn to love until you learn to demonstrate kindness."

I know for others I have tended to do things to get recognition or praise for a kind act. This really opened my eyes that I need to do things just because it is kind not for a reward.

Today's dare: In addition to saying nothing negative to your spouse again today, do at least one unexpected gesture as an act of kindness.

I did good on the negativity today, but there was also nothing that tempted me to be mean. Hopefully, with Jason and I working on this together we won't have a reason to say negative things to each other that might hurt.

I cleaned up the kitchen as my unexpected gesture of kindness. Usually I gripe at Jason to help out, but today I came home and cleaned out my desk and then headed for the kitchen. All of the dishes are washed and the dishwasher is running. I need to put a few more things away, but I'm really proud that I did something that I would normally wait for him to do.

0 comments: