How precious also are your thoughts to me...How vast is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand. - Psalm 139:17-18
Here are some parts of the reading that stuck out to me:
"Love thinks. It's not a mindless feeling that rides on waves of emotions and falls asleep mentally. It keeps busy in thought, knowing that loving thoughts precede loving actions."
"If you don't learn to be thoughtful, you end up regretting missed opportunites to demonstrate love. Thoughtlessness is a silent enemy to a loving relationship."
"A husband should listen to his wife and learn to be considerate of her unspoken messages. A wife should learn to communicate truthfully and not say one thing while meaning another."
Today's dare:
"Contact your spouse sometime during the business of the day. Have no agenda other than asking how he or she is doing and if there is anything you can do for them."
This dare was very easy for me because it is something Jason and I do everyday as it is. Throughout the day we send short text messages that just say, "I love you." I can't call him because he's not supposed to answer his phone during class, so at least with a text I'm not disturbing him.
For more information
To read more about the beginning of our journey go to the first post.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Day 4 - Love is thoughtful
Posted by Jenn at 9:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment